Use this pattern to sew your own clarinet drape masks! All you need to make a mask is:
- 2 pieces of fabric (area: 15" x 22")
- 4 2ft pieces of ribbon or another strap material
- Your sewing machine & desired thread!
- Print your pattern; make sure that the scale is 100% and that you're printing 1-sided
- Cut the pieces and tape them together so that the edges line up.
- Using your pattern, cut 2 mask pieces (front and back) on the folds of your fabrics of choice.
- With the front fabric right side up, line your ribbons/straps up with the marks provided by the pattern (ribbons/straps should be flowing towards the center of the mask).
- Place the back fabric right side down against the right side of the front fabric.
- Pin everything in place (especially the ribbons/straps)
- Sew it all together, and leave a 2-3 inch opening to pull the fabric through and let the ribbons hang out of it.
- Pull the ribbons/material through the hole
- Iron your seams and fold in the seam at the hole
- Stitch around the edge.
- Optional: Use an invisible stitch to close the flaps where the pull-through hole was.
Clarinet Drape Mask Sewing Pattern